- 1 What is the best color to wear to an audition?
- 2 What do you do at a musical Theatre audition?
- 3 What should you not sing at an audition?
- 4 How do I get good at musical Theatre?
- 5 Is it OK to wear black to an audition?
- 6 How do you introduce yourself in an audition?
- 7 Can you wear jeans to an audition?
- 8 Can you do musical Theatre if you can’t sing?
- 9 What do judges look for in singing auditions?
- 10 How do you win an audition?
- 11 How do you hold a virtual audition?
- 12 What do you wear to a musical Theatre prescreen?
What is the best color to wear to an audition?
Grey, blue, and other neutral colors work best for auditions. Try to avoid white backdrops or any distracting patterns in the background. Also, take note of what clothes you’re wearing. If you’re using a blue backdrop, don’t wear a blue shirt (you don’t want to look like a floating head).
What do you do at a musical Theatre audition?
15 Tips to Nail Your Singing Audition
- Assume no one has ever heard your song before.
- Spit out your words.
- Keep your eyes open.
- Ask yourself, “Who am I singing this to?”
- Choose a song that speaks to you.
- It never hurts to speak certain lyrics.
- Be hopeful throughout your song.
- Throw a water bottle.
What should you not sing at an audition?
Top Songs to Avoid at an Audition
- “Popular” from Wicked.
- “Defying Gravity” from Wicked.
- “For Good” from Wicked.
- “Gimme Gimme” from Thoroughly Modern Millie.
- “Not For the Life of Me” from Thoroughly Modern Millie.
- “I Dreamed a Dream” from Les Misérables.
- “On My Own” from Les Misérables.
- “Bring Him Home” from Les Misérables.
How do I get good at musical Theatre?
Here are some tips for prospective musical theatre actors.
- Take lessons. Natural musical and dancing talent is important, but there is no substitute for formal training.
- Make a video of your performance.
- Have a good portfolio.
- Attend a college or conservatory.
- Be prepared for your auditions.
Is it OK to wear black to an audition?
The basic on-camera rule is do not wear white since it “burns” the camera, and be aware that black will age you. Stick with solid colors that look good on you and stay away from busy high contrasting prints, stripes, and polka dots. Wear clothes that suggest your character.
How do you introduce yourself in an audition?
Your name and the role you’re auditioning for. For example, “Hi, my name is John Smith, and I’m reading for the role of Walter.” Your name and representation. If you don’t have an agent, you can say something like, “Hi, my name is John Smith and I ‘m self-represented.”
Can you wear jeans to an audition?
Keep It Casual Your clothes shouldn’t be a wrinkled mess, but you also shouldn’t be wearing business attire to an audition. A good pair of jeans can go a long way, and it’s worth investing in a pair for auditions alone. Women can get away with pretty much any clothing option, as long as it isn’t too revealing.
Can you do musical Theatre if you can’t sing?
If you’ve ever wondered if you should audition for a musical when you can’t sing, the answer is, unequivocally: Yes! Musicals need all types of people: dancers, actors, singers, and people to fill the stage in big crowd numbers.
What do judges look for in singing auditions?
Judge and professional cellist Jeffrey Solow states, “Judges look for technical excellence, beautiful tone, intelligent and informed interpretative decisions, plus personality and communication.” Don’t be afraid to loosen up and move with the music as comfortably on stage as you do at home.
How do you win an audition?
10 Tips for a Winning Audition
- Confidence. It sounds simple but it takes practice.
- Personality. Let it shine through.
- Connection. Make one with the reader.
- Character. Know the character.
- Objective. Go underneath the dialogue.
- Obstacle. What’s in the way of the character getting what they want?
How do you hold a virtual audition?
Flawless Virtual Audition Tips
- Do A Test Run. I highly recommend the occasional test run to make sure you are ready at a moment’s notice.
- Secure a Space. Make sure you locate a quiet, secure space for your virtual auditions.
- Check your Sound.
- Dress Appropriately.
- Be Timely.
- Expect the Unexpected.
- Use your Laptop.
What do you wear to a musical Theatre prescreen?
If you want to ensure that you make it to the live auditions, you’ll have to do more than keep your hair out of your face, wear a little blush, and avoid jorts. Clothing
- You should look neat and put together.
- Avoid denim, graphic logos, bulky sweaters, and anything too short.
- Shoes should be appropriate for your medium.