- 1 How should I dress for a theatre show?
- 2 What should you not wear to a theatre?
- 3 Is it OK to wear jeans to a Broadway show?
- 4 What do you wear to the afternoon theatre?
- 5 What are the rules of Theatre etiquette?
- 6 How do you dress for a play?
- 7 What is smart casual for men?
- 8 What should men wear to a musical?
- 9 What do you wear to a Theatre press night?
- 10 What should a woman wear to a Broadway show?
- 11 How early should you arrive to a Broadway show?
- 12 How early should I arrive at the Theatre?
- 13 Can you wear jeans to the Hippodrome?
- 14 What do you wear to an outdoor theater?
- 15 What do you wear to a matinee play?
How should I dress for a theatre show?
From a casual t-shirt, jeans and trainers to a tuxedo or formal dress, there are no dress codes. You could turn up to the theatre wearing anything and be permitted entry. For some theatrical events, such as a first preview, press nights, galas and opening nights, it may be worth donning a “smart-casual” outfit.
What should you not wear to a theatre?
It’s a great way to show your support for the show while being fashionable and comfortable inside the theatre. Wear materials that might stick to the seat or leave you too warm. It’s best to avoid leather and pleather clothing, especially in the summer months.
Is it OK to wear jeans to a Broadway show?
Both formal and informal clothing is accepted. From casual t-shirts, jeans and flip-flops to a cocktail dress or tuxedo, the spectrum of style formality is so wide that there is no specific dress code.
What do you wear to the afternoon theatre?
On evening performances (especially weekends) people generally wear smart casual even though there’s no dress code and jeans are pretty common. In the afternoon you’d feel positively overdressed in smart casual so jeans are ideal.
What are the rules of Theatre etiquette?
- Turn Off Your Cell Phone.
- Don’t Send Text Messages During the Show.
- There is no photography or videoing allowed in the theater.
- Eat Your Dinner Before the Show, Not DURING It.
- If You Have To Cough, Cover Your Mouth.
- Unwrap Cough Drops and Candies in Advance.
- Don’t Be A Disruptive Miss (or Mr.)
How do you dress for a play?
Good choices for men are khakis, polos or button-down shirts and loafers or boat shoes. Women arguably have more options: a simple blouse and skirt will work just fine, or you might break out a sundress or knit sweater and tights depending on the weather. No matter what you wear, make sure you are dressed for comfort.
What is smart casual for men?
In general, smart casual means neat chinos or a pair of dark-coloured jeans with a shirt, a blazer, and a pair of leather shoes. Your outfit should be well-fitting but slightly less formal than a business casual or business professional style. Smart casual is neat, conventional, yet relatively informal in style.”
What should men wear to a musical?
Smart Casual Do’s:
- jacket or blazer.
- cardigan or jumper.
- dress trousers, chinos.
- closed shoes.
- dark socks.
- long sleeved shirt.
- polo shirt or tennis shirt.
- tie is optional.
What do you wear to a Theatre press night?
Press and Gala Nights require formal attire as they are usually red carpet events.
What should a woman wear to a Broadway show?
We recommend pants and a nice blouse, or a dress. Longer hemlines are more appropriate for theater shows, cutting off at the knee or lower. Top it off with a classy pair of heels and stylish purse.
How early should you arrive to a Broadway show?
Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to curtain to give yourself plenty of time, plus some wiggle room in case you get lost or want to look at the merchandise cart. The house typically opens 30 minutes before the stated curtain time.
How early should I arrive at the Theatre?
We recommend patrons arrive at least 30 minutes before the show to avoid last-minute lines at the Box Office. Large groups should allow more time before the show to distribute tickets. We recommend an hour before the performance.
Can you wear jeans to the Hippodrome?
Starting with the most casual, the Hippodrome has no formal dress code. The overall message is that you can wear whatever you want, within reason. The website explicitly states that jeans and trainers are fine, the only rule is the appearance “should be of an acceptable standard”.
What do you wear to an outdoor theater?
What should I wear? You are welcome to dress as casually or as smartly as you like. However, the theatre is entirely outdoors so please remember to come prepared for all types of weather, including sun cream, waterproofs and jumpers. We do sell picnic blankets and ponchos.
What do you wear to a matinee play?