- 1 What is London’s Shaftesbury Avenue most famous for?
- 2 What shows have been on at the Shaftesbury Theatre?
- 3 Which tube station for Shaftesbury Avenue?
- 4 How do you get to Shaftesbury Avenue?
- 5 What does very Shaftesbury Avenue mean?
- 6 Why is Shaftesbury Avenue so wide?
- 7 How many seats are in the Shaftesbury Theatre?
- 8 Is be more chill a good musical?
- 9 Does Shaftesbury have a train station?
What is London’s Shaftesbury Avenue most famous for?
Shaftesbury Avenue is an important street that is particularly associated with the West End theatres with most of them being at the Piccadilly end. Two of the largest theatres, Queen’s Theatre and Palace Theatre, are located on this street with the latter overlooking Cambridge Circus at Charing Cross.
What shows have been on at the Shaftesbury Theatre?
- Hairspray. Musical | Opened 30/10/2007.
- Fame. Musical | Opened 08/05/2007.
- Daddy Cool. Musical | Opened 21/09/2006.
- High Society. Musical | Opened 10/10/2005.
- The Far Pavilions. Musical | Opened 14/04/2005.
- Bat Boy. Musical | Opened 18/08/2004.
- Thoroughly Modern Millie. Musical | Opened 21/10/2003.
- Calamity Jane.
Which tube station for Shaftesbury Avenue?
Tottenham Court Road tube station provides access to the Central and Northern lines and is about 8-10 minutes from Shaftesbury Theatre.
How do you get to Shaftesbury Avenue?
The nearest stations to Shaftesbury Avenue are:
- St Giles High Street (W) is 103 meters away, 2 min walk.
- Tottenham Court Road Station (S) is 187 meters away, 3 min walk.
- New Oxford Street (Z) is 220 meters away, 4 min walk.
- Tottenham Court Road Station (X) is 263 meters away, 4 min walk.
What does very Shaftesbury Avenue mean?
/ˌʃæftsbəri ˈævənuː/ a street in central London, running north-east from Piccadilly Circus.
Why is Shaftesbury Avenue so wide?
Shaftesbury Avenue was built so wide because the Department of Transport at the time insisted on it. This has just come to light. “Between 1937 and 1940 the Ministry of Transport would only give a grant to local authorities to build a road if they included nine foot (2.7 metre) cyclepaths on both sides.
How many seats are in the Shaftesbury Theatre?
With a seating capacity of 1,400, the Shaftesbury Theatre is a mid-sized venue split across three levels. The front Stalls are split into two sections, with the two aisles in the rear Stalls splitting the back into a further three.
Is be more chill a good musical?
But Be More Chill is far from a neat continuation of a trend. Arriving from Broadway, it feels gloriously like its own thing, filled with astute observation alongside delightfully silly humour and storming performances.
Does Shaftesbury have a train station?
Although several plans were made to give Shaftesbury its own station, the town’s position on a hill prevented this. The nearest station to Shaftesbury is now Gillingham.