- 1 Are the stalls or circle better seats?
- 2 Are stalls good seats in theatre?
- 3 What is balcony and stalls in theatre?
- 4 What is the difference between stalls and circle?
- 5 Where should you sit in a theatre?
- 6 Where is the best place to sit at the London Palladium?
- 7 Are front row theatre seats good?
- 8 Are balcony seats good?
- 9 What are the best seats for Phantom of the Opera London?
- 10 What are the 9 areas of the stage?
- 11 What is the place where the audience sits called?
- 12 Why is it called the dress circle?
- 13 What is a dress circle location?
- 14 Where is the best place to sit for a Broadway show?
- 15 What does stall standing mean?
Are the stalls or circle better seats?
As a rule rows 6-8 in the stalls tend to offer the best views. The dress circle – Also sometimes called the Royal Circle, first balcony or mezzanine, the dress circle is the next tier of seating above the stalls. Upper circle seats are usually about the same price as the rear stalls.
Are stalls good seats in theatre?
Stalls seats are on the ground level of the theatre. Typically, stalls seats can be regarded as some of the best seats in the auditorium, due to their close proximity to the stage. If you’re sitting in the first few rows of the stalls seats, you may even be able to touch the stage and see performers blink.
What is balcony and stalls in theatre?
Balconies or galleries: one or more raised seating platforms towards the rear of the auditorium. In larger theaters, multiple levels are stacked vertically above or behind the stalls. The first level is usually called the dress circle or grand circle. The next level may be the loge, from the French version of loggia.
What is the difference between stalls and circle?
– Stalls is the same as Orchestra or Orchestra Stalls in the USA. They are the lowest seating section of the theatre and normally closest to the stage. – Dress Circle, aka Royal Circle or Circle, is the same as Mezzanine in the USA and is the next tier of seating above the Stalls. Ambassadors Theatre.
Where should you sit in a theatre?
“ The center is the best place to sit in a movie theater. At the front you’re too close to the screen, at the back there are too many heads and seats in front of you and on the aisle you’re too far to the side. The center is just right. Although a compromise can be made in the seats in between the front and the center.
Where is the best place to sit at the London Palladium?
The best seats are in the central section around rows M and P, which provide excellent views of the whole stage. The overhang from the level above slightly restricts the view from rows further back, but not significantly. The section is well raked, giving good views over the heads of the audience in front.
Are front row theatre seats good?
The front rows of the dress circle are among the best seats in a theatre – especially for dance productions and musicals with a strong dance element.
Are balcony seats good?
Balcony. The balcony seats tend to be pretty high up, but they might be the best choice for the budget-conscious. However, you might be better off with front balcony seats than with rear mezzanine, especially at older theaters such as the Lyceum, the Belasco, and the Shubert.
What are the best seats for Phantom of the Opera London?
Wishing you were a part of The Phantom of the Opera company? You’ll want to book tickets for the middle seats of the front rows of the stalls (rows B to Row K) and dress circle (rows A to B). Seats in these sections of the theatre are considered to give audiences the best views.
What are the 9 areas of the stage?
A stage is divided up into nine parts: upstage left, upstage right, upstage center, center, center left, center right, dowstage left, downstage right, and downstage center. Downstage being closest to the audience.
What is the place where the audience sits called?
The auditorium (also known as the house) is where the audience sits to watch the performance. The seating may be at one or more levels depending on the size and type of theatre.
Why is it called the dress circle?
– So called because it is a circular row of seats at an entertainment, the spectators of which are expected to be in dress clothes.
What is a dress circle location?
The dress circle is the lowest of the curved rows of seats upstairs in a theatre.
Where is the best place to sit for a Broadway show?
For musicals, the ideal locations are 8-10 rows back in the orchestra section or the front row of the mezzanine (in the center, of course). Note that most mezzanines have a railing across the front that can get in the way of children or shorter adults in the front row, in which case it should probably be avoided.
What does stall standing mean?
Stall standing is floor and is standing only. 1st floor is mostly seating and is the upper level.